Hey Ladies !
Ok Ive been using Loreal ivory foundation for years & its like 3 shades too dark for me *sigh*
SO I finally gave in and bought some Mani Panic WHite dreamtone Foudation & The Virgin White Pressed Powder. So the Manic Foundation & Way more thick than my usually stuff?? And when i applied it it didnt show up as much as the old stuff either??? AND the Virgin Powder i heard u can use wet & dry and it just looked way TOO powdery ontop of the foundation? HELP! lol.
Anyone have nay expiernce ith these Good or Bad??? Any application advice?? thanks so MUCH !!
1) Why do you want to join this community? To become more proficient at doing makeup, both my own and others. Also to learn to do gothic makeup for people [like me] who prefer glasses to contact lenses, or cannot wear contact lenses.
2) What's your favorite daily makeup and hair style? (describe eyes, lips, skin, etc.) I work in an conservative financial office so my daily makeup is understated, mostly cool/neutral tones; but with a little bit of 'drama' to the eyes. I use MAC almost exclusively becuase it's the only thing I have found that my skin will tolerate for hours at a time and days in a row. Before I found MAC priducts I honestly did not wear much makeup at all due to breakouts and reactions.
3) What is your favorite gothic style? eg: Victorian, Cyber, EGL (elegant gothic lolita) Victorian/Dark Faery/Vampyre; & the elegant film noir looks of the 40's
4) List your 5 favorite bands/songs: Only 5? Sisters of Mercy, Under the Gun; Ego Likeness, Aviary; The Cure, Burn; Def Leppard; Pearl of Euphoria; Vivaldi; ANYTHING, but at the moment the "Spring" section of The Four Seasons . Those top the IPOD list today anyway.
5) What do you think you can offer this community? What do you think you can get from this community? Offer? Not sure as I am a novice when it comes to makeup and have only begun really looking into "Gothic" technique. Get from? better skills so I look better and can also help friends that I might be introducing to the scene.
6) 5+ Pictures of your makeup: None available because I am looking to learn the techniques.
7) Please show us an inspirational picture for your makeup, be it a model, photographer, peice of art etc. I dont have a picture, but I am inspired by elegence and sophisticatied looks more so than the very avant garde or the cyber/fetish looks.